Children, Youth and Family
Westwood Lutheran Church Children, Youth, and Family ministries are youth, adults, and families working together so that children and youth might continue to grow and participate in their relationship and vocation with their Lord, others, themselves, and their world.
Faith is not always easy, it takes time, patience, experiential learning.
Westwood is committed to faith formation for all of our Children, Youth and Families. We believe that it takes a village to raise a child and we want to support you as parents and guardians in providing faith formation opportunites that build on our baptismal promises. We have 3 values that are core to our evaluation of how we as a congregation are doing with faith formation of our young people.
- Faith formation begins with the promises God in Jesus Christ makes to us in our baptism. The following promises are key for the life of faith moving towards and from our affirmation of baptism:
- To live among God’s faithful people
- To hear the Word of God and share in the Lord’s supper
- To proclaim the good news of God in Christ through word and deed.
- To serve all people, following the example of Jesus.
- To strive for justice and peace in all the earth.
- We believe that faith formation is an endeavor for all ages. It’s about individuals growing in their relationship to God and the world around them while growing into their vocation (Exemplary Youth Ministry).
- Faith formation is an endeavor in which we constantly seek to welcome, invite, support, and walk with the community around us (strategic initiatives, congregational promises at baptism.)
Faith Formation Opportunities:
Adult Education Sunday Mornings at 10:30am and periodically on Wednesday nights at 5:30pm
Adult Confirmation Classes Wednesday evenings, Quarterly
Faith @ Home Blog
Milestone Events (One each year Birth-12th Grade)
Sunday/Wednesday School at 10:30am Sunday and 6:00pm Wednesday for 2yr olds - Kindergartners.
Potluck & Playtime Fellowship events
Sunday/Wednesday School at 10:30am Sunday and 6:00pm Wednesday for 1st-6th grade.
Confirmation Wednesday nights 6:30-7:30pm for 7th-9th graders.
Bible Studies and Small Groups Wednesday evenings 8-9:30pm for 9th-12th graders.