8th Grade Confirmation
8th Grade Confirmation:
- Each student is responsible for 6 sermon conversations thruout the year. Sermon conversations are conversations between parent/caring adult and confirmand. Sermon conversations consist of reading the lessons before worship and discussing a few questions, then discussing the remainder of the questions after the service. Forms printable here. The lessons are also linked thru the weekly Westwood E-news that comes out on Wednesdays.
- Each student will also be responsible for a Lenten Worship booklet that helps us journey from Ash Wednesday thru Easter Sunday.
- 8th graders need a total of 8 service opportunities throughout the year (blue postcards)
- If a parent/caring adult serves alongside the confirmand the parent/caring adult gets “credit” too. This means that the family would have 4 joint service opportunities to fulfill this expectation.
- One of these Service opportunities will be an Elder Wisdom Interview with an elder person in the congregation. Elder wisdom visits are the 8th grade milestone and are an exciting opportunity to get to know others in the congregation and to learn and grow together. These conversations are about an hour in length and are meant to foster relationships between multiple generations at Westwood. These will be completed between January and April.